Police appeal after woman attacked with fluorescent light tube
- Credit: Archant
A woman’s body was left with cuts after a man wearing a straw trilby hat allegedly attacked her with a fluorescent light tube after their dogs got into a fight in Hoxton.
Detectives from Hackney are appealing for help in identifying a man who was photographed holding a light tube by a witness.
During the incident on Thursday June 11 at around 5pm, the 58-year-old woman’s dogs became involved in a dog fight on the Geffrye Estate after being approached by a man walking his dog.
As they both tried to separate their pets, they became involved in an altercation.
The man allegedly picked up a fluorescent tube and struck the woman’s dog before he lunged at her.
You may also want to watch:
She suffered two cuts to her torso and was treated at an east London hospital before being discharged.
The man is described as white, aged around 55-63 and around 5ft 9ins tall.
- 1 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 6 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 7 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
He was wearing a white T-shirt with blue check dots on front and back with blue jogging bottoms and a straw trilby hat.
Anyone who can identify the man picturesd is asked to contact DC Cara Browin from Hackney CID, on 101 or 020 7275 3668, quoting reference 4614693/15, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.