Police release image of car connected to Lower Clapton Shooting
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
An investigation into the fatal shooting of a Hackney man has led detectives to a car they believe was used by those responsible for the crime.
Detectives investigating the murder of Oluwamayowa Adeyemi, known as Samson, have released an image of a car bearing the false registration plate EX18EXE.
The car, a large Volvo estate, was recovered by detectives on the morning of Saturday, June 6 after it had been abandoned undamaged in Cowper Road.
This was several hours after Samson was fatally shot at 11.30pm on June 5 in Brackenfield Close.
Police believe in the days and weeks leading to the murder the car may have had different plates. They say the large estate vehicle had some distinguishing features such as scuff marks to both corners of the front bumper and that the front passenger door mirror was held on with tape.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Paul Considine said: “I am really keen to hear from anyone that has seen this Volvo or knows who drives it. My officers and I need to hear from you if you have any information about this car.
“No matter how insignificant you may think it to be, your information could be key to our investigation.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Samson was found suffering from gunshot injuries and pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem examination revealed cause of death as a gunshot wound to the chest.
READ MORE: Man shot dead in HackneyThe murder is being investigated by homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command.
Detectives are also keen to hear from anyone that witnessed the shooting in Brackenfield Close or anyone with any other information which could assist in the investigation.
“This is a tragic incident that has resulted in the loss of a young man’s life and has left his family and friends devastated. If you can help us find those responsible, then please get in contact,” said Det Ch Insp Considine.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and was released on bail to return in early July.
READ MORE: Man arrested after fatal shooting in Lower ClaptonMembers of the public can now directly upload information and images to share with the investigation team via the Major Incident Public Portal here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/01MPS20R01-PO1 Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3865, or call 101 and quote CAD8894/5June or Operation Scalby. You can also tweet information to @MetCC.
Alternatively, you can provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.