Police appeal for ‘crucial’ witness to come forward after serious assault in Paul Street, Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
Detectives need help from a witness who intervened during a brawl which left a victim with a severe jaw injury in Shoreditch.
At about 2.30am on October 12, a man, 35, had an altercation with two other men in Paul Street. The 35-year-old was floored with a “deep laceration” to his jaw.
A passing cyclist intervened and the two men fled on foot. The cyclist helped the victim get into a black cab. Detectives are keen to trace this cyclist as he is likely to be a crucial witness.
Cops made clear: “He is in no way considered a suspect. Police need to speak to him to further clarify what happened.”
Two men, both aged in their early 20s, were arrested on November 18 on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. They have been released under investigation. Nobody has been charged.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney Police on 07825 793 215 or 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse