Police appeal for ‘crucial’ witness to come forward after serious assault in Paul Street, Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
Detectives need help from a witness who intervened during a brawl which left a victim with a severe jaw injury in Shoreditch.
At about 2.30am on October 12, a man, 35, had an altercation with two other men in Paul Street. The 35-year-old was floored with a “deep laceration” to his jaw.
A passing cyclist intervened and the two men fled on foot. The cyclist helped the victim get into a black cab. Detectives are keen to trace this cyclist as he is likely to be a crucial witness.
Cops made clear: “He is in no way considered a suspect. Police need to speak to him to further clarify what happened.”
Two men, both aged in their early 20s, were arrested on November 18 on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. They have been released under investigation. Nobody has been charged.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney Police on 07825 793 215 or 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12