Police appeal for ‘crucial’ witness to come forward after serious assault in Paul Street, Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
Detectives need help from a witness who intervened during a brawl which left a victim with a severe jaw injury in Shoreditch.
At about 2.30am on October 12, a man, 35, had an altercation with two other men in Paul Street. The 35-year-old was floored with a “deep laceration” to his jaw.
A passing cyclist intervened and the two men fled on foot. The cyclist helped the victim get into a black cab. Detectives are keen to trace this cyclist as he is likely to be a crucial witness.
Cops made clear: “He is in no way considered a suspect. Police need to speak to him to further clarify what happened.”
Two men, both aged in their early 20s, were arrested on November 18 on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. They have been released under investigation. Nobody has been charged.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Hackney Police on 07825 793 215 or 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 The "milkmen for beer" now deliver in Hackney
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop