Police appeal for information about couple filmed ‘having sex while waiting for train’ at Hackney Downs station
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating footage of a couple apparently openly having sex on an Overground platform at Hackney Downs station.
British Transport Police said in a statement they had been notified about the incident on Saturday afternoon and were appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
The film, uploaded by “Hackney Heroine” Pauline Pearce but since deleted, has been viewed and shared thousands of times over the weekend.
It shows a pair with their trousers pulled down getting intimate on platform 1 as they wait for a train to arrive. Ms Pearce said the action took place at about 7am on Saturday.
After completing the act, the couple pull their trousers up and run for the 7.13am train to London Liverpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
The cameraman can be heard saying: “They were at it like rabbits then they jumped on the train afterwards.”
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “We are investigating reports of a couple engaging in sexual activity on a platform at Hackney Downs station.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
“The incident was reported to BTP around 1.20pm on Saturday and we are appealing for anyone with information to text 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40 quoting 286 of August 26.”