Police appeal for information about couple filmed ‘having sex while waiting for train’ at Hackney Downs station
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating footage of a couple apparently openly having sex on an Overground platform at Hackney Downs station.
British Transport Police said in a statement they had been notified about the incident on Saturday afternoon and were appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
The film, uploaded by “Hackney Heroine” Pauline Pearce but since deleted, has been viewed and shared thousands of times over the weekend.
It shows a pair with their trousers pulled down getting intimate on platform 1 as they wait for a train to arrive. Ms Pearce said the action took place at about 7am on Saturday.
After completing the act, the couple pull their trousers up and run for the 7.13am train to London Liverpool Street.
The cameraman can be heard saying: “They were at it like rabbits then they jumped on the train afterwards.”
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “We are investigating reports of a couple engaging in sexual activity on a platform at Hackney Downs station.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
“The incident was reported to BTP around 1.20pm on Saturday and we are appealing for anyone with information to text 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40 quoting 286 of August 26.”