Police appeal for information after shots fired in Homerton High Street
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police are appealing for information after a silver BMW car was fired at and shots heard in Homerton High Street.
They were called at around 2am on Wednesday May 20 and officers attending the scene established shots had been fired towards a silver BMW car.
The car was found abandoned after being involved in a collision.
Police say they have not received any reports of injury and an investigation has been launched led by Trident detectives.
A police helicopter assisted with searches of the area and enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
There has been no arrest at this stage.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting the reference number: 761/20May.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
To remain anonymous, please contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.