CCTV appeal after teenage girls make ‘unprovoked attack’ in Shoreditch Park
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released CCTV images of a group of girls they wish to speak with following an “unprovoked attack” in Shoreditch Park.
At approximately 7.30pm on February 27, a woman in her 20s was punched, beaten and kicked as she fell to the floor by four teenage girls.
Det Con Michael Beskine, from Central East Command CID, said: “This was an awful, unprovoked attack and has left the victim shaken and angry by what happened.
“If you know something, please come forward. It was a horrible assault on someone who had never laid eyes on her attackers before.”
The teenagers also attempted to steal the victim’s belongings, but a passing cyclist saw the incident and shouted to stop them.
You may also want to watch:
The group fled the scene and ran down Grange Street before crossing Pitfield Street onto a housing estate.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
- 9 'Arrested for being on my balcony', a young black man speaks out
- 10 £20,000 reward for information on Stoke Newington murder
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.