CCTV appeal after teenage girls make ‘unprovoked attack’ in Shoreditch Park
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released CCTV images of a group of girls they wish to speak with following an “unprovoked attack” in Shoreditch Park.
At approximately 7.30pm on February 27, a woman in her 20s was punched, beaten and kicked as she fell to the floor by four teenage girls.
Det Con Michael Beskine, from Central East Command CID, said: “This was an awful, unprovoked attack and has left the victim shaken and angry by what happened.
“If you know something, please come forward. It was a horrible assault on someone who had never laid eyes on her attackers before.”
The teenagers also attempted to steal the victim’s belongings, but a passing cyclist saw the incident and shouted to stop them.
You may also want to watch:
The group fled the scene and ran down Grange Street before crossing Pitfield Street onto a housing estate.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.