CCTV appeal after teenage girls make ‘unprovoked attack’ in Shoreditch Park
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released CCTV images of a group of girls they wish to speak with following an “unprovoked attack” in Shoreditch Park.
At approximately 7.30pm on February 27, a woman in her 20s was punched, beaten and kicked as she fell to the floor by four teenage girls.
Det Con Michael Beskine, from Central East Command CID, said: “This was an awful, unprovoked attack and has left the victim shaken and angry by what happened.
“If you know something, please come forward. It was a horrible assault on someone who had never laid eyes on her attackers before.”
The teenagers also attempted to steal the victim’s belongings, but a passing cyclist saw the incident and shouted to stop them.
You may also want to watch:
The group fled the scene and ran down Grange Street before crossing Pitfield Street onto a housing estate.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.