CCTV appeal after teenage girls make ‘unprovoked attack’ in Shoreditch Park
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released CCTV images of a group of girls they wish to speak with following an “unprovoked attack” in Shoreditch Park.
At approximately 7.30pm on February 27, a woman in her 20s was punched, beaten and kicked as she fell to the floor by four teenage girls.
Det Con Michael Beskine, from Central East Command CID, said: “This was an awful, unprovoked attack and has left the victim shaken and angry by what happened.
“If you know something, please come forward. It was a horrible assault on someone who had never laid eyes on her attackers before.”
The teenagers also attempted to steal the victim’s belongings, but a passing cyclist saw the incident and shouted to stop them.
You may also want to watch:
The group fled the scene and ran down Grange Street before crossing Pitfield Street onto a housing estate.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.