Police appeal for witnesses after hit and run in Lower Clapton
Hackney police are appealing for help and information following a hit and run in Lower Clapton Road.
The police and ambulance service were called at 7.43pm yesterday, after a blue Suzuki motorbike hit a male pedestrian.
The motorcycle rider fell from the bike and later decamped from the scene, but the vehicle continued on its course down the road and hit a male bystander.
The two pedestrians were taken to hospital, where one of the men was treated for a serious leg injury while the other man was later discharged.
The suspect is described as a white man, wearing Army camouflage shorts and a red hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for any information regarding this collision. Any witnesses are asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting CR4624520/12
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'