Police appeal for witnesses after hit and run in Lower Clapton
Hackney police are appealing for help and information following a hit and run in Lower Clapton Road.
The police and ambulance service were called at 7.43pm yesterday, after a blue Suzuki motorbike hit a male pedestrian.
The motorcycle rider fell from the bike and later decamped from the scene, but the vehicle continued on its course down the road and hit a male bystander.
The two pedestrians were taken to hospital, where one of the men was treated for a serious leg injury while the other man was later discharged.
The suspect is described as a white man, wearing Army camouflage shorts and a red hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for any information regarding this collision. Any witnesses are asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting CR4624520/12
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs