Police appeal for witnesses after hit and run in Lower Clapton
Hackney police are appealing for help and information following a hit and run in Lower Clapton Road.
The police and ambulance service were called at 7.43pm yesterday, after a blue Suzuki motorbike hit a male pedestrian.
The motorcycle rider fell from the bike and later decamped from the scene, but the vehicle continued on its course down the road and hit a male bystander.
The two pedestrians were taken to hospital, where one of the men was treated for a serious leg injury while the other man was later discharged.
The suspect is described as a white man, wearing Army camouflage shorts and a red hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for any information regarding this collision. Any witnesses are asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting CR4624520/12
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes