Police appeal for witnesses after pensioner is attacked in Clapton
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Police are appealing for witnesses and information in connection with an attack on a pensioner in Clapton last Friday.
A 69-year-old man was waiting for a bus when he noticed three youths harassing a 27-year-old female standing at Bus stop E in Lower Clapton Road, Clapton, E5.
The man intervened to ask her if she was okay, and was subsequently punched to the floor by one of the suspects who proceeded to kick him in the face, causing serious facial injuries.
The suspect is described as a 5ft tall black male, aged 13 to 14-years-old, of medium build. He was said to be wearing a black Nike jacket, dark trousers with one arm in a large white sling or cast.
The other two males were black and of a similar age.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact DC Vicki Henderson, of Hackney’s Violent Crime Unit, on 101 quoting reference 4625177/13.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you wish to remain anonymous, or email Hackneypolice@met.police.uk.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder