Police appeal for witnesses after pensioner is attacked in Clapton
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Police are appealing for witnesses and information in connection with an attack on a pensioner in Clapton last Friday.
A 69-year-old man was waiting for a bus when he noticed three youths harassing a 27-year-old female standing at Bus stop E in Lower Clapton Road, Clapton, E5.
The man intervened to ask her if she was okay, and was subsequently punched to the floor by one of the suspects who proceeded to kick him in the face, causing serious facial injuries.
The suspect is described as a 5ft tall black male, aged 13 to 14-years-old, of medium build. He was said to be wearing a black Nike jacket, dark trousers with one arm in a large white sling or cast.
The other two males were black and of a similar age.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact DC Vicki Henderson, of Hackney’s Violent Crime Unit, on 101 quoting reference 4625177/13.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you wish to remain anonymous, or email Hackneypolice@met.police.uk.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club