Police appeal for witnesses in Lower Clapton burglary
An 86-year old Lower Clapton pensioner had her wedding ring stolen when a burglar forced his way into her house – and police are appealing for witnesses.
The vulnerable woman who lives in Hindrey Road heard a knock at her door at around 2.20pm last Saturday (May 7), and opened the security chain – but the perpetrator broke the chain and forced his way in.
He shouted at the woman to hand over her rings and money before he pushed her onto a chair.
She gave him �60 and two rings from her fingers, and told him she couldn’t get the other ring off – but he wrenched the third ring from her finger and left her home.
The suspect is a white male and around 25-years old, who was a wearing a white cap, brown top and white trousers.
You may also want to watch:
A gold eternity ring with a brown gem stone, gold engagement band and a gold wedding band were stolen in the burglary.
Anyone with any information that could assist in this investigation is asked to contact DC Gary Moore on 0207 275 3232 or email Gary.R.M.Moore@met.police.uk. Alternately call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared