Police appeal: image released of suspected burglar who tricked his way into Hoxton woman’s home
Police in Hackney have released an image of a man suspected of tricking his way into a Hoxton woman’s home to burgle her.
The 37-year old victim was at her home in Chart Street on Wednesday May 30 when two men knocked at her door at 2.20pm.
One of them produced photo ID and told her everyone on the estate was receiving a visit to assess pipes and washing machines.
She had been visited earlier that day by a legitimate electrician, and believing the two visits were connected, she allowed them into her kitchen.
The first suspect who told her he was called David asked her to clear pots and pans from under the sink to allow him better access, but she soon heard a noise coming from her living room and realised the other man was missing.
You may also want to watch:
She tried to investigate but the first man grabbed her and slapped her around the face, keeping her in the kitchen so his accomplice could remove money and cards from her handbag, before they fled.
The efit is of the second suspect who is described as a white man, aged 30 - 40 years, six feet tall, of a stocky build, with grey hair and a scar or a scratch that ran from his nose down past his mouth, on the left side of his face.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 7 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
He was wearing a check shirt and blue gloves, which had a ‘NIKE’ branded tick on the top.
Suspect one is described as a white man, aged 30 to 40 years, six feet one inch tall, with black hair, whose nose is flat and pushed to one side, as if it had been broken.
He was wearing a white T-shirt and blue Jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Michelle Savage, from Hackney’s serious acquisitive crime unit, on 020 7275 3232, quoting reference number 4614407/12, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Alternatively email: email@example.com, quoting the reference number.