Police appeal: image released of suspected burglar who tricked his way into Hoxton woman’s home
Police in Hackney have released an image of a man suspected of tricking his way into a Hoxton woman’s home to burgle her.
The 37-year old victim was at her home in Chart Street on Wednesday May 30 when two men knocked at her door at 2.20pm.
One of them produced photo ID and told her everyone on the estate was receiving a visit to assess pipes and washing machines.
She had been visited earlier that day by a legitimate electrician, and believing the two visits were connected, she allowed them into her kitchen.
The first suspect who told her he was called David asked her to clear pots and pans from under the sink to allow him better access, but she soon heard a noise coming from her living room and realised the other man was missing.
You may also want to watch:
She tried to investigate but the first man grabbed her and slapped her around the face, keeping her in the kitchen so his accomplice could remove money and cards from her handbag, before they fled.
The efit is of the second suspect who is described as a white man, aged 30 - 40 years, six feet tall, of a stocky build, with grey hair and a scar or a scratch that ran from his nose down past his mouth, on the left side of his face.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
He was wearing a check shirt and blue gloves, which had a ‘NIKE’ branded tick on the top.
Suspect one is described as a white man, aged 30 to 40 years, six feet one inch tall, with black hair, whose nose is flat and pushed to one side, as if it had been broken.
He was wearing a white T-shirt and blue Jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Michelle Savage, from Hackney’s serious acquisitive crime unit, on 020 7275 3232, quoting reference number 4614407/12, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Alternatively email: email@example.com, quoting the reference number.