Police appeal over missing 78-year-old dementia sufferer
- Credit: Archant
Concerns grew over the welfare of a missing 78-year-old dementia sufferer who disappeared yesterday morning.
Nehemiah Barrett was last seen at 10am after leaving his home address and walking to the Barclays Bank on Kingsland High Street, Dalston.
He is a bald, clean-shaven black male of slim build. At the time of his appearance he was wearing a three-quarter length beige coat, blue jeans, brown-cheque shirt and black boots.
A spokesperson for Hackney CID said: “Nehemiah’s disappearance is extremely out of character. His family are very worried about him. We would urge members of the public to contact police should they have seen Nehemiah since this morning or know of his whereabouts.
“He regularly travels on buses and may have boarded a bus since the time of his disappearance.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on Hackney police on 101.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction