Police appeal over missing 78-year-old dementia sufferer
- Credit: Archant
Concerns grew over the welfare of a missing 78-year-old dementia sufferer who disappeared yesterday morning.
Nehemiah Barrett was last seen at 10am after leaving his home address and walking to the Barclays Bank on Kingsland High Street, Dalston.
He is a bald, clean-shaven black male of slim build. At the time of his appearance he was wearing a three-quarter length beige coat, blue jeans, brown-cheque shirt and black boots.
A spokesperson for Hackney CID said: “Nehemiah’s disappearance is extremely out of character. His family are very worried about him. We would urge members of the public to contact police should they have seen Nehemiah since this morning or know of his whereabouts.
“He regularly travels on buses and may have boarded a bus since the time of his disappearance.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on Hackney police on 101.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs