Police appeal to trace “Boris Bike” rider over alleged attempted rape
- Credit: Archant
Officers investigating an attempted alleged rape in Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston are re-appealing for information a year on from the incident.
Police have re-issued a CCTV image of a man riding a “Boris Bike” who they would like to speak to in connection with the offence which took place in Hackney Road, Haggerston, at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, 2012.
A 28-year-old woman walking along Goldsmith’s Row was approached by a man riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle about 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
He robbed her before trying to rape her, before passers-by disturbed him and he rode off towards Broadway Market.
The CCTV image shows a white man on a bike in Hackney Road shortly before the incident, who is described as aged between 25-35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have traced the passers-by who disturbed the attacker but are keen to speak to anyone else who was in the area at the time of the incident, or anyone who may recognise the man.
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Tony Carr on 020 7230 5211, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.