Police appeal to trace “Boris Bike” rider over alleged attempted rape
- Credit: Archant
Officers investigating an attempted alleged rape in Goldsmith’s Row, Haggerston are re-appealing for information a year on from the incident.
Police have re-issued a CCTV image of a man riding a “Boris Bike” who they would like to speak to in connection with the offence which took place in Hackney Road, Haggerston, at around 2.45am on Tuesday November 20, 2012.
A 28-year-old woman walking along Goldsmith’s Row was approached by a man riding a Barclays Cycle Hire bicycle about 40 metres from the junction with Hackney Road.
He robbed her before trying to rape her, before passers-by disturbed him and he rode off towards Broadway Market.
The CCTV image shows a white man on a bike in Hackney Road shortly before the incident, who is described as aged between 25-35 years, at least 6 feet tall and of muscular build.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have traced the passers-by who disturbed the attacker but are keen to speak to anyone else who was in the area at the time of the incident, or anyone who may recognise the man.
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Tony Carr on 020 7230 5211, quoting crime reference 4631093/12.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.