Police call for other possible victims of rapist
- Credit: Archant
A rapist who attacked a woman he met while she was waiting for a taxi in Shoreditch has been ordered to serve an extra eight years ‘dangerousness tariff’ in prison.
Detectives are urging other potential victims of Scott Beddall, 26, of no fixed abode, who may not have identified themselves to police, to come forward.
Last May the woman was waiting for a taxi with her friend when Beddall started talking with them.
When their taxi arrived, Beddall got in uninvited, travelling back to their home, where the victim said Beddall could stay on the sofa. She later woke up to find Beddall having sex with her.
Beddall was identified via DNA and convicted of rape at Snaresbrook Crown Court nearly a year ago, with sentencing deferred pending the outcome of two further cases, in which he got a teenage girl pregnant, for which he was again convicted of rape and sexual activity with a child.
You may also want to watch:
Last Thursday he was sentenced to 27 years at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted