Police call for other possible victims of rapist
- Credit: Archant
A rapist who attacked a woman he met while she was waiting for a taxi in Shoreditch has been ordered to serve an extra eight years ‘dangerousness tariff’ in prison.
Detectives are urging other potential victims of Scott Beddall, 26, of no fixed abode, who may not have identified themselves to police, to come forward.
Last May the woman was waiting for a taxi with her friend when Beddall started talking with them.
When their taxi arrived, Beddall got in uninvited, travelling back to their home, where the victim said Beddall could stay on the sofa. She later woke up to find Beddall having sex with her.
Beddall was identified via DNA and convicted of rape at Snaresbrook Crown Court nearly a year ago, with sentencing deferred pending the outcome of two further cases, in which he got a teenage girl pregnant, for which he was again convicted of rape and sexual activity with a child.
You may also want to watch:
Last Thursday he was sentenced to 27 years at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta