Police call for other possible victims of rapist
- Credit: Archant
A rapist who attacked a woman he met while she was waiting for a taxi in Shoreditch has been ordered to serve an extra eight years ‘dangerousness tariff’ in prison.
Detectives are urging other potential victims of Scott Beddall, 26, of no fixed abode, who may not have identified themselves to police, to come forward.
Last May the woman was waiting for a taxi with her friend when Beddall started talking with them.
When their taxi arrived, Beddall got in uninvited, travelling back to their home, where the victim said Beddall could stay on the sofa. She later woke up to find Beddall having sex with her.
Beddall was identified via DNA and convicted of rape at Snaresbrook Crown Court nearly a year ago, with sentencing deferred pending the outcome of two further cases, in which he got a teenage girl pregnant, for which he was again convicted of rape and sexual activity with a child.
You may also want to watch:
Last Thursday he was sentenced to 27 years at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images