Man charged following alleged house boat party in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been charged by police after about 30 people allegedly gathered for a party on a houseboat in Hackney.
Jordy Nicholas Van Duijvenbode, 31, of no fixed address, was charged on Valentine's Day with one count of holding a gathering of more than 30 people and one count of participating in a gathering of two or more people.
Police received several calls in the early hours of February 13 which reported a large number of people playing music on a boat on the River Lea, somewhere between Tottenham Lock and Hackney.
Officers went to a boat off Hackney Marshes at about 4.20am.
Duijvenbode was released on bail to appear before Thames Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, March 2.
You may also want to watch:
People can call the police's non-emergency line on 101 or report information anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 6 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
- 9 'Arrested for being on my balcony', a young black man speaks out
- 10 £20,000 reward for information on Stoke Newington murder