Man charged following alleged house boat party in Hackney
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been charged by police after about 30 people allegedly gathered for a party on a houseboat in Hackney.
Jordy Nicholas Van Duijvenbode, 31, of no fixed address, was charged on Valentine's Day with one count of holding a gathering of more than 30 people and one count of participating in a gathering of two or more people.
Police received several calls in the early hours of February 13 which reported a large number of people playing music on a boat on the River Lea, somewhere between Tottenham Lock and Hackney.
Officers went to a boat off Hackney Marshes at about 4.20am.
Duijvenbode was released on bail to appear before Thames Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, March 2.
You may also want to watch:
People can call the police's non-emergency line on 101 or report information anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian