Police chase into Hackney sees motorcyclist hurled 50 yards down the road
Witnesses saw a motorcyclist hurled 50 yards down the road after it smashed into a car during a police chase.
Tower Hamlets police were following the man on his motorbike over the borough border into Mare Street, when the motorbike collided with another car at around 11pm on Saturday September 29.
“The car front was ripped off and the bike flew down the road for 30 yards and the man ended up 50 yards from the collision, he lay in the road,” said witness Mick Winn.
“His crash helmet was some 15 yards further on, he was bleeding from the head and had back injuries,” he added.
A Tower Hamlets police spokesman said the rider was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and taken to hospital from where he was bailed.
You may also want to watch:
“There was no contact between the police vehicle and the motorbike,” he added.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes