Police chase into Hackney sees motorcyclist hurled 50 yards down the road
Witnesses saw a motorcyclist hurled 50 yards down the road after it smashed into a car during a police chase.
Tower Hamlets police were following the man on his motorbike over the borough border into Mare Street, when the motorbike collided with another car at around 11pm on Saturday September 29.
“The car front was ripped off and the bike flew down the road for 30 yards and the man ended up 50 yards from the collision, he lay in the road,” said witness Mick Winn.
“His crash helmet was some 15 yards further on, he was bleeding from the head and had back injuries,” he added.
A Tower Hamlets police spokesman said the rider was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and taken to hospital from where he was bailed.
You may also want to watch:
“There was no contact between the police vehicle and the motorbike,” he added.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs