Police dog Regency and Hackney police involved in late night chase
- Credit: Archant
A brave police dog and a quick-thinking police team were on hand when a moped rider collided with a bus.
Police dog Regency was among the first on the scene after the smash in Hackney Wick on Monday evening.
A CCTV operator had called police earlier in the evening to say a moped rider had been spotted on camera riding erratically and falling off several times.
Regency and one of Hackney police’s emergency response teams subsequently arrested a man on suspicion of driving without insurance and driving not in accordance with his licence, officers said.
Sgt David Lamb said: “Last night was an example of great proactive work by the team.”
You may also want to watch:
“It could have been very dangerous if he had crashed into anyone.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year