Police dog Regency and Hackney police involved in late night chase
- Credit: Archant
A brave police dog and a quick-thinking police team were on hand when a moped rider collided with a bus.
Police dog Regency was among the first on the scene after the smash in Hackney Wick on Monday evening.
A CCTV operator had called police earlier in the evening to say a moped rider had been spotted on camera riding erratically and falling off several times.
Regency and one of Hackney police’s emergency response teams subsequently arrested a man on suspicion of driving without insurance and driving not in accordance with his licence, officers said.
Sgt David Lamb said: “Last night was an example of great proactive work by the team.”
You may also want to watch:
“It could have been very dangerous if he had crashed into anyone.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 8 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder