Police hunt man who defecated in Hoxton lift
Staff left down in the dumps cleaning up mess.
A MYSTERY man who caused a stink by dropping his trousers and defecating in a lift at Hoxton rail station is wanted by police.
The unknown man is caught on CCTV getting into the elevator with a friend on Tuesday January 11 at around 11.30am.
One of the men covered the CCTV camera while the other undid his trousers, squatted in a corner of the lift and went to the toilet.
The pair then boarded a train leaving disgusted staff to discover the man’s calling card.
PC Roger Andrews added: “The man’s behaviour was extremely inappropriate and unnecessary, especially as there are public toilets on the station platform.
“This type of incident is totally unacceptable, particularly for the staff who work at the station and were forced to clean it up.
- 1 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 2 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 3 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 4 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 5 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 6 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 7 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 8 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 9 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 10 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
“We are continuing to carry out local enquiries and urge anyone with information to come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference number B4/LNA of 01/02/2011.