Police hunt men who stamped on officer’s head outside Clapton station
Police are hunting two men who kicked an officer to the floor, stamped on his head and left him lying in the road outside Clapton rail station.
The officer was attacked after responding to reports of a crime at about 6pm on Thursday August 4.
He then approached one man - described as black, around 6ft tall and wearing a black leather jacket, a black cap, and carrying an umbrella - who had been abusive.
A car pulled up at the station and a second man jumped out and kicked the officer in the back.
The pair then stamped on his head and neck, leaving him to be found by a passerby.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt David Gritton of British Transport Police said: “This was a sickening attack on an officer who was simply trying to do his job.
“What makes this assault particularly abhorrent was the fact that the first man had nothing to do with the original incident and the second man felt the need to stop his car and get out to assault a police officer.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 10 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
Anyone with information should call 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B9/LNA of 12/08/2011 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.