Police hunting escaped Homerton patient
The public have been warned not to approach a man who escaped from a mental health unit in Homerton yesterday.
Chidi Njoku, 28, ran away from his support worker at the secure John Howard Centre, in Kenworthy Road, at about 1pm.
Police are hunting Mr Njoku, a 6ft-tall black man with large build, scarring around his left eye, the name Kylie tattooed on his stomach and “WPC” scarred into his arm.
He was wearing dark blue tracksuit bottoms, a red and white t-shirt, black jumper and black Nike trainers.
Mr Njoku, who needs regular medical treatment, may visit the West End, Camden, Haringey and East Dulwich.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees him is asked not to approach him but call 999 immediately quoting reference 12MIS007736.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12