Police hunting escaped Homerton patient
The public have been warned not to approach a man who escaped from a mental health unit in Homerton yesterday.
Chidi Njoku, 28, ran away from his support worker at the secure John Howard Centre, in Kenworthy Road, at about 1pm.
Police are hunting Mr Njoku, a 6ft-tall black man with large build, scarring around his left eye, the name Kylie tattooed on his stomach and “WPC” scarred into his arm.
He was wearing dark blue tracksuit bottoms, a red and white t-shirt, black jumper and black Nike trainers.
Mr Njoku, who needs regular medical treatment, may visit the West End, Camden, Haringey and East Dulwich.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees him is asked not to approach him but call 999 immediately quoting reference 12MIS007736.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted