Police hunting thug who attacked group in City Road after night out
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a man who rode into three people on his bike before knocking one of them out and leaving another with a broken nose.
Detectives have released CCTV footage of a man they want to speak to over the brutal attack in City Road in the early hours of Sunday, August 13.
The victims were walking along the road after a night out when they a man cycled toward them on the pavement. He hit them on his bike and fell off, and then confronted them.
He then punched a 24-year-old man to the ground, leaving him unconscious, and also punched a woman, 31, in the face and left her with a broken nose.
He then grabbed his bike and rode off towards Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the suspect is a black man in his 20s. He was wearing a dark polo shirt and black trousers. He also had a distinctive large beard.
PC Matt Jolley, of Hackney police, who are investigating the incident, said: “This was a callous and needless assault.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 8 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 9 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
Anyone with information can contact Hackney police via 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or crimestoppers-uk.org.