Police hunting thug who attacked group in City Road after night out
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a man who rode into three people on his bike before knocking one of them out and leaving another with a broken nose.
Detectives have released CCTV footage of a man they want to speak to over the brutal attack in City Road in the early hours of Sunday, August 13.
The victims were walking along the road after a night out when they a man cycled toward them on the pavement. He hit them on his bike and fell off, and then confronted them.
He then punched a 24-year-old man to the ground, leaving him unconscious, and also punched a woman, 31, in the face and left her with a broken nose.
He then grabbed his bike and rode off towards Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the suspect is a black man in his 20s. He was wearing a dark polo shirt and black trousers. He also had a distinctive large beard.
PC Matt Jolley, of Hackney police, who are investigating the incident, said: “This was a callous and needless assault.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Anyone with information can contact Hackney police via 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or crimestoppers-uk.org.