Police invite Hackney bike theft victims to police station after discovering a haul of 150 potentially stolen bikes
- Credit: Archant
A safer neighbourhood team discovered a haul of 150 bikes - believed to be stolen - following a raid of a house in Clapton on Monday.
Leabridge Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT) executed a search warrant at an address in Chatsworth Road, Clapton at around 11am. Once inside they, discovered the bikes as well as 100 bike parts.
Two men, aged 42 and 55, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of theft, handling stolen goods and possession of Class B drugs.
A number of bikes have been stolen from the Leabridge area in the last three months.
Insp Jeoff Bull, of Leabridge SNT, said: “It’s a step forward in bringing justice to those that steal bikes and inconvenience the lives of Hackney residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are now urging anyone who has had their bike stolen in Hackney to attend one of eight bike identification open days at Hackney Police Station, Lower Clapton Road, Clapton over the next two weeks.
These will take place on the following dates:
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 8 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 9 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
• Thursday 25th April - 11am to 5pm
• Friday 26th April - 3pm to 8pm
• Wednesday 1st May - 12pm to 8pm
• Thursday 2nd May - 2pm to 10pm
• Friday 3rd May - 11am to 4pm
• Tuesday 7th May - 3pm to 8pm
• Wednesday 8th May - 1pm to 7pm
• Thursday 9th May - 11am to 5pm
• Friday 10th May - 4pm to 10pm
Please contact a member of the Leabridge SNT before attending on 0208 721 2836 to ensure an officer is around during the viewing.
If you plan to attend, you will need to bring along proof of purchase or a photograph of your bike to the viewing.
If you are unable to attend on the above dates, email the team at SNTGD-Leabridge@met.police.uk.