Police launch investigation after Stoke Newington death
Police have launched an investigation after a woman died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington this morning.
Police were called to an address in Lordship Road at around 9.50am, and found a 42-year old woman suffering from stab wounds on the fourth floor.
The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene, but the woman was pronounced dead at 10.38am.
A 43-year old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of murder and is now in custody at a north London police station.
Next of kin have been informed but police await formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem will begin tomorrow at 1.30pm at Poplar mortuary.
Anyone with information should call 020 8345 3865.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets