Police launch investigation after Stoke Newington death
Police have launched an investigation after a woman died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington this morning.
Police were called to an address in Lordship Road at around 9.50am, and found a 42-year old woman suffering from stab wounds on the fourth floor.
The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene, but the woman was pronounced dead at 10.38am.
A 43-year old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of murder and is now in custody at a north London police station.
Next of kin have been informed but police await formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem will begin tomorrow at 1.30pm at Poplar mortuary.
Anyone with information should call 020 8345 3865.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington