Police launch investigation after Stoke Newington death
Police have launched an investigation after a woman died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington this morning.
Police were called to an address in Lordship Road at around 9.50am, and found a 42-year old woman suffering from stab wounds on the fourth floor.
The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene, but the woman was pronounced dead at 10.38am.
A 43-year old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of murder and is now in custody at a north London police station.
Next of kin have been informed but police await formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem will begin tomorrow at 1.30pm at Poplar mortuary.
Anyone with information should call 020 8345 3865.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney