Police launch investigation after Stoke Newington death
Police have launched an investigation after a woman died after being stabbed in Stoke Newington this morning.
Police were called to an address in Lordship Road at around 9.50am, and found a 42-year old woman suffering from stab wounds on the fourth floor.
The London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended the scene, but the woman was pronounced dead at 10.38am.
A 43-year old man was arrested at the address on suspicion of murder and is now in custody at a north London police station.
Next of kin have been informed but police await formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem will begin tomorrow at 1.30pm at Poplar mortuary.
Anyone with information should call 020 8345 3865.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes