Lea Bridge Road murder: Victim named as 32-year-old man
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Detectives have named the victim of a fatal stabbing on Lea Bridge Road.
Abdi Khadar Adan, 32, was found with life threatening injuries on August 22 at 4.31pm, following reports of a stabbing at Lea Bridge Road.
He was treated at the scene before being transported to hospital and was pronounced dead shortly after arrival at the hospital.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service (LAS) and London's Air Ambulance (HEMS).
Abdi's next of kin were informed and continue to be supported by specially trained officers.
Two arrests have been made following the incident.
A 30-year-old man is remanded in custody charged with murder and a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday (August 25). He was taken to an east London police station where he remains at this time.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Architecture review: 'Contemporary Hackney and revolutionary Russia?'
A post-mortem examination on August 24 confirmed the victim's cause of death as a stab injury.
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information, who has not already spoken to police, is asked to call 101, quoting 4806/22Aug.
Information can also be provided anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.