Lea Bridge Road murder: Victim named as 32-year-old man
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Detectives have named the victim of a fatal stabbing on Lea Bridge Road.
Abdi Khadar Adan, 32, was found with life threatening injuries on August 22 at 4.31pm, following reports of a stabbing at Lea Bridge Road.
He was treated at the scene before being transported to hospital and was pronounced dead shortly after arrival at the hospital.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service (LAS) and London's Air Ambulance (HEMS).
Abdi's next of kin were informed and continue to be supported by specially trained officers.
Two arrests have been made following the incident.
A 30-year-old man is remanded in custody charged with murder and a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday (August 25). He was taken to an east London police station where he remains at this time.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
A post-mortem examination on August 24 confirmed the victim's cause of death as a stab injury.
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information, who has not already spoken to police, is asked to call 101, quoting 4806/22Aug.
Information can also be provided anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.