Lea Bridge Road murder: Victim named as 32-year-old man
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Detectives have named the victim of a fatal stabbing on Lea Bridge Road.
Abdi Khadar Adan, 32, was found with life threatening injuries on August 22 at 4.31pm, following reports of a stabbing at Lea Bridge Road.
He was treated at the scene before being transported to hospital and was pronounced dead shortly after arrival at the hospital.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service (LAS) and London's Air Ambulance (HEMS).
Abdi's next of kin were informed and continue to be supported by specially trained officers.
You may also want to watch:
Two arrests have been made following the incident.
A 30-year-old man is remanded in custody charged with murder and a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday (August 25). He was taken to an east London police station where he remains at this time.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
A post-mortem examination on August 24 confirmed the victim's cause of death as a stab injury.
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information, who has not already spoken to police, is asked to call 101, quoting 4806/22Aug.
Information can also be provided anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.