Police officer attacked and ‘nearly bottled’ after trying to break up late-night fight in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was attacked while trying to break up a fight in Shoreditch in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers were called to Curtain Road at the junction with Bateman’s Row at 2am and found a group of men fighting.
But as they tried to intervene the crowd turned on them.
One officer was pushed to the floor, assaulted and “very nearly bottled”. He was left with bruising on his face and a chipped tooth after taking “several blows to the head”.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Two women, both 25, were also arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and ABH.
They have all been released under investigation. Officers are still investigating the incident.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch