Police officer attacked and ‘nearly bottled’ after trying to break up late-night fight in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was attacked while trying to break up a fight in Shoreditch in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers were called to Curtain Road at the junction with Bateman’s Row at 2am and found a group of men fighting.
But as they tried to intervene the crowd turned on them.
One officer was pushed to the floor, assaulted and “very nearly bottled”. He was left with bruising on his face and a chipped tooth after taking “several blows to the head”.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Two women, both 25, were also arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and ABH.
They have all been released under investigation. Officers are still investigating the incident.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed