Police officer attacked and ‘nearly bottled’ after trying to break up late-night fight in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was attacked while trying to break up a fight in Shoreditch in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers were called to Curtain Road at the junction with Bateman’s Row at 2am and found a group of men fighting.
But as they tried to intervene the crowd turned on them.
One officer was pushed to the floor, assaulted and “very nearly bottled”. He was left with bruising on his face and a chipped tooth after taking “several blows to the head”.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Two women, both 25, were also arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and ABH.
They have all been released under investigation. Officers are still investigating the incident.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens