Police officer bottled near Shoreditch Station
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A police officer was hit on the head with a bottle while on patrol near Shoreditch Underground Station.
The incident took place shortly after 10pm on July 31 and other police units “quickly” attended the scene along with the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
The officer was treated at the scene for a cut to the head before being taken to hospital as a precaution.
A crime scene was then put in place and a man arrested and taken into custody on suspicion of drunk and disorderly behaviour.
A video of a brawl breaking out on a street in Shoreditch was widely shared on social media, including by nationalist pages, but police would not confirm if the footage is recent or connected to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Enquiries continue.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside