Police officer bottled near Shoreditch Station
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A police officer was hit on the head with a bottle while on patrol near Shoreditch Underground Station.
The incident took place shortly after 10pm on July 31 and other police units “quickly” attended the scene along with the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
The officer was treated at the scene for a cut to the head before being taken to hospital as a precaution.
A crime scene was then put in place and a man arrested and taken into custody on suspicion of drunk and disorderly behaviour.
A video of a brawl breaking out on a street in Shoreditch was widely shared on social media, including by nationalist pages, but police would not confirm if the footage is recent or connected to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Enquiries continue.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta