Police on hunt for hit-and-run driver who leaves cyclist in middle of road in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a car driver who left a young cyclist in the road after colliding with him yesterday.
The man came off his bike in the collision in Buckingham Road, Dalston, close to the junction with De Beauvoir Road, at around 4.25pm.
He was rushed to Royal London Hospital to be treated. Police have said he was approximately 25-years-old.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service (LAS) said: “We were called at 4.28pm to Buckingham Road to reports of a road traffic collision.
“We treated a man, who was conscious, for back and head injuries. He was reported to be in his 20s.
“He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
A Met Police spokeswoman added: “Efforts are being made to trace the driver of the vehicle, who failed to stop at the scene.”
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 3 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 4 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 5 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 6 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 7 London among areas where drought is declared
- 8 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 9 Top Hackney cop moves on to get the force out of special measures
- 10 'The grim history of London's water supply'
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call 101.