Police on hunt for hit-and-run driver who leaves cyclist in middle of road in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a car driver who left a young cyclist in the road after colliding with him yesterday.
The man came off his bike in the collision in Buckingham Road, Dalston, close to the junction with De Beauvoir Road, at around 4.25pm.
He was rushed to Royal London Hospital to be treated. Police have said he was approximately 25-years-old.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service (LAS) said: “We were called at 4.28pm to Buckingham Road to reports of a road traffic collision.
“We treated a man, who was conscious, for back and head injuries. He was reported to be in his 20s.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
A Met Police spokeswoman added: “Efforts are being made to trace the driver of the vehicle, who failed to stop at the scene.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 7 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call 101.