Police on hunt for hit-and-run driver who leaves cyclist in middle of road in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a car driver who left a young cyclist in the road after colliding with him yesterday.
The man came off his bike in the collision in Buckingham Road, Dalston, close to the junction with De Beauvoir Road, at around 4.25pm.
He was rushed to Royal London Hospital to be treated. Police have said he was approximately 25-years-old.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service (LAS) said: “We were called at 4.28pm to Buckingham Road to reports of a road traffic collision.
“We treated a man, who was conscious, for back and head injuries. He was reported to be in his 20s.
“He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
A Met Police spokeswoman added: “Efforts are being made to trace the driver of the vehicle, who failed to stop at the scene.”
- 1 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 2 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 3 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 4 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 5 Hackney council home tenants to see rents increase
- 6 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 7 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 8 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 9 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 10 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call 101.