Police on hunt for hit-and-run driver who leaves cyclist in middle of road in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a car driver who left a young cyclist in the road after colliding with him yesterday.
The man came off his bike in the collision in Buckingham Road, Dalston, close to the junction with De Beauvoir Road, at around 4.25pm.
He was rushed to Royal London Hospital to be treated. Police have said he was approximately 25-years-old.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service (LAS) said: “We were called at 4.28pm to Buckingham Road to reports of a road traffic collision.
“We treated a man, who was conscious, for back and head injuries. He was reported to be in his 20s.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
A Met Police spokeswoman added: “Efforts are being made to trace the driver of the vehicle, who failed to stop at the scene.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call 101.