Police on hunt for hit-and-run driver who leaves cyclist in middle of road in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a car driver who left a young cyclist in the road after colliding with him yesterday.
The man came off his bike in the collision in Buckingham Road, Dalston, close to the junction with De Beauvoir Road, at around 4.25pm.
He was rushed to Royal London Hospital to be treated. Police have said he was approximately 25-years-old.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service (LAS) said: “We were called at 4.28pm to Buckingham Road to reports of a road traffic collision.
“We treated a man, who was conscious, for back and head injuries. He was reported to be in his 20s.
You may also want to watch:
“He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
A Met Police spokeswoman added: “Efforts are being made to trace the driver of the vehicle, who failed to stop at the scene.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call 101.