Police raid uncovers cannabis scattered all around Lower Clapton pub
Cannabis was found scattered all around a Lower Clapton pub when it was raided by police on Saturday night.
Officers executed a search warrant issued under the Misuse of Drugs Act at the Windsor Castle Public House in Lower Clapton Road.
They arrested four people for various offences, including possession with intent to supply drugs, possession of an offensive weapon and permitting the use of cannabis on the premises.
Five people were issued with formal warnings for cannabis, and the drug was found scattered in different locations around the pub.
PC Louise Gill, from Leabridge safer neighbourhood team (SNT), said: “This warrant was executed following complaints from local residents about drug dealing and anti-social behaviour at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have information about who is selling drugs please get in touch with us and we will make it stop.”
The exercise was part of Operation Condor, a capital-wide crackdown by the Metropolitan Police on crimes relating to licensing laws.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images