Police raid uncovers cannabis scattered all around Lower Clapton pub
Cannabis was found scattered all around a Lower Clapton pub when it was raided by police on Saturday night.
Officers executed a search warrant issued under the Misuse of Drugs Act at the Windsor Castle Public House in Lower Clapton Road.
They arrested four people for various offences, including possession with intent to supply drugs, possession of an offensive weapon and permitting the use of cannabis on the premises.
Five people were issued with formal warnings for cannabis, and the drug was found scattered in different locations around the pub.
PC Louise Gill, from Leabridge safer neighbourhood team (SNT), said: “This warrant was executed following complaints from local residents about drug dealing and anti-social behaviour at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have information about who is selling drugs please get in touch with us and we will make it stop.”
The exercise was part of Operation Condor, a capital-wide crackdown by the Metropolitan Police on crimes relating to licensing laws.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries