Police raid uncovers cannabis scattered all around Lower Clapton pub
Cannabis was found scattered all around a Lower Clapton pub when it was raided by police on Saturday night.
Officers executed a search warrant issued under the Misuse of Drugs Act at the Windsor Castle Public House in Lower Clapton Road.
They arrested four people for various offences, including possession with intent to supply drugs, possession of an offensive weapon and permitting the use of cannabis on the premises.
Five people were issued with formal warnings for cannabis, and the drug was found scattered in different locations around the pub.
PC Louise Gill, from Leabridge safer neighbourhood team (SNT), said: “This warrant was executed following complaints from local residents about drug dealing and anti-social behaviour at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have information about who is selling drugs please get in touch with us and we will make it stop.”
The exercise was part of Operation Condor, a capital-wide crackdown by the Metropolitan Police on crimes relating to licensing laws.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 3 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers