Police raid uncovers cannabis scattered all around Lower Clapton pub
Cannabis was found scattered all around a Lower Clapton pub when it was raided by police on Saturday night.
Officers executed a search warrant issued under the Misuse of Drugs Act at the Windsor Castle Public House in Lower Clapton Road.
They arrested four people for various offences, including possession with intent to supply drugs, possession of an offensive weapon and permitting the use of cannabis on the premises.
Five people were issued with formal warnings for cannabis, and the drug was found scattered in different locations around the pub.
PC Louise Gill, from Leabridge safer neighbourhood team (SNT), said: “This warrant was executed following complaints from local residents about drug dealing and anti-social behaviour at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have information about who is selling drugs please get in touch with us and we will make it stop.”
The exercise was part of Operation Condor, a capital-wide crackdown by the Metropolitan Police on crimes relating to licensing laws.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta