Police recover £300,000 worth of stolen vehicles after chasing stolen moped
- Credit: Archant
Police stumbled upon a haul of 29 stolen vehicles – believed to be worth more than quarter of a million pounds – after tracking a stolen moped on Boxing Day.
Last Thursday, officers from Hackney’s emergency response team pursued a stolen moped after they were alerted by a tracker activation on the vehicle.
They found the moped inside one of 28 individual garage units at the junction of Geffrye Street and Hows Street in Haggerston.
Officers found three stolen vehicles altogether. The moped was located inside a stolen Ford Transit van.
Following the incident, officers obtained warrants to open the other garages. In total 29 vehicles were recovered, along with stolen number plates and a dismantled cannabis factory.
You may also want to watch:
The stolen vehicle haul is estimated to be worth £300,000.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney