Police release CCTV images of good Samaritan rape witness
- Credit: Archant
Officers have released images of a good Samaritan who is understood to have helped a rape victim in Homerton, and are appealing for him to come forward.
The man – who police stress is not a suspect - is believed to have entered Elvin House, Morning Lane, Homerton while the alleged attack was taking place at around 5am on February 28.
Police believe he assisted the victim and may hold vital information about the attack.
The potential witness is described as a white man of slim build who is in his early 20s with short brown hair, dark brown eyes and is approximately 5ft 10 ins tall.
Another man has been arrested and charged in relation to the offence and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Metropolitan Police incident room on 020 8721 4868 or 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting reference ‘Operation Kaimend’.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web