Police release e-fit of robber who attacked two women and stole their handbags in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Police have released an e-fit of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the violent muggings of two women.
During the first incident, a 32-year-old woman was approached by a man close to her home in Alconbury Road, Clapton on January 25, at about 4am. He initially engaged the victim in conversation about her country of origin, then punched her several times in the face and made off with her handbag.
An almost identical attack happened the next day, at the same time, involving a 34-year-old woman who was attacked near to her front door in Maury Road, Stoke Newington.
The women’s handbags were later found in Fontayne Road, Stoke Newington.
The suspect is described as a light skinned black male of a medium build, with a possible African accent. He is said to be aged between 18 and 30 years old and between 5ft 10in and 6ft in height.
You may also want to watch:
During the Alconbury Road attack, the suspect was described as wearing a grey beanie hat and a big black heavy coat.
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact Det Con Matt Mowbray, from Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3138. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation