Police release e-fit of robber who attacked two women and stole their handbags in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Police have released an e-fit of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the violent muggings of two women.
During the first incident, a 32-year-old woman was approached by a man close to her home in Alconbury Road, Clapton on January 25, at about 4am. He initially engaged the victim in conversation about her country of origin, then punched her several times in the face and made off with her handbag.
An almost identical attack happened the next day, at the same time, involving a 34-year-old woman who was attacked near to her front door in Maury Road, Stoke Newington.
The women’s handbags were later found in Fontayne Road, Stoke Newington.
The suspect is described as a light skinned black male of a medium build, with a possible African accent. He is said to be aged between 18 and 30 years old and between 5ft 10in and 6ft in height.
You may also want to watch:
During the Alconbury Road attack, the suspect was described as wearing a grey beanie hat and a big black heavy coat.
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact Det Con Matt Mowbray, from Hackney CID, on 0207 275 3138. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities