Police release images of claw hammer suspects who allegedly drove off with safe still attached to table
Hackney police have released images of two suspects who allegedly threatened a Shoreditch car park attendant with a claw hammer, before driving off with a safe – attached to a table – hanging out of their boot.
The robbery took place at EC2 Car Park in King John Court, Shoreditch, at around 6.40pm on Thursday October 11.
The suspects demanded money from a safe located in a cabin in the car park.
They threatened the attendant when he denied knowledge of the safe’s code.
One of the suspects then ripped the table attached to the safe away from the wall, and loaded it into the vehicle outside.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to talk to anyone who saw the suspects loading up the car, or driving around with the boot open and table hanging out.
Suspect one is described as a mixed raced, light skinned male, in his 20s, of medium build and 5 ft 8ins tall.
- 1 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 2 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 6 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Hackney people called on to help 'stamp out' violence against women and girls
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
He was wearing a dark coloured coat with a hood and wore a cap underneath the hood with the peek showing.
Suspect two is described as a white man wearing a dark coloured top, in his 20s, of medium build, 5 ft 8ins tall, with dark hair.
Anyone with information is asked to call det con Andy Mclean in Hackney’s Serious Acquisitive Crime Unit on 020 275 3232, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.