Police release images of man wanted in connection with assault of woman in Shoreditch Park
- Credit: Archant
Police have released images of a man they wish to speak with following an assault on a woman near Shoreditch Park last month.
Police have released images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident between midnight and 1am on January 5.
The victim, who is in her early 20s, was walking along New North Road when she noticed the suspect coming towards her and then follow her into the park.
When the victim reached Canal Walk in Hoxton, she was approached from behind and the suspect grabbed her by her coat and threatened her with a knife.
She bravely fought the suspect off and he ran away.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, between 5ft 7in and 5ft 9in tall, with a cockney accent. He was wearing a black knee length coat, jeans and a flat black cap at the time of the incident.
Det Con Vicki Henderson, from Hackney CID, said: “I would appeal to anyone who recognises this man, particularly by his clothing or anyone who was in the area to contact police.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 7275 3165, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.