Police release new CCTV images: do you recognise any of these riot suspects?
Detectives investigating the London riots have released a new batch photos of another batch of suspects, and they want Gazette readers to put names to the faces.
Officers are still meticulously trawling through thousands of hours of CCTV footage that was filmed on August 8 2011, as rioting and looting erupted around Clarence Road, Upper Clapton, and Mare Street in Hackney Central.
Offences committed include burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder.
Police working for the riot investigation unit, Operation Withern, have arrested more than 300 people so far in Hackney alone, and have vowed to continue until everyone involved has been brought to justice.
Several suspects whose photos were published in The Gazette even handed themselves into police, after seeing their mug-shots published.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the 10 suspects pictured in the photo gallery on the right hand side of the page should call Operation Withern officers on 020 7275 3305, quoting the reference number beneath the photo, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse