Police release new CCTV images: do you recognise any of these riot suspects?
Detectives investigating the London riots have released a new batch photos of another batch of suspects, and they want Gazette readers to put names to the faces.
Officers are still meticulously trawling through thousands of hours of CCTV footage that was filmed on August 8 2011, as rioting and looting erupted around Clarence Road, Upper Clapton, and Mare Street in Hackney Central.
Offences committed include burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder.
Police working for the riot investigation unit, Operation Withern, have arrested more than 300 people so far in Hackney alone, and have vowed to continue until everyone involved has been brought to justice.
Several suspects whose photos were published in The Gazette even handed themselves into police, after seeing their mug-shots published.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the 10 suspects pictured in the photo gallery on the right hand side of the page should call Operation Withern officers on 020 7275 3305, quoting the reference number beneath the photo, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 6 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years