Police release new CCTV images: do you recognise any of these riot suspects?
Detectives investigating the London riots have released a new batch photos of another batch of suspects, and they want Gazette readers to put names to the faces.
Officers are still meticulously trawling through thousands of hours of CCTV footage that was filmed on August 8 2011, as rioting and looting erupted around Clarence Road, Upper Clapton, and Mare Street in Hackney Central.
Offences committed include burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder.
Police working for the riot investigation unit, Operation Withern, have arrested more than 300 people so far in Hackney alone, and have vowed to continue until everyone involved has been brought to justice.
Several suspects whose photos were published in The Gazette even handed themselves into police, after seeing their mug-shots published.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the 10 suspects pictured in the photo gallery on the right hand side of the page should call Operation Withern officers on 020 7275 3305, quoting the reference number beneath the photo, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director