Police shoot man during armed robbery in Lower Clapton
- Credit: MPS
An investigation has been launched after police shot a man during an armed robbery near the Clapton Park Estate late last night.
Hackney police and firearm officers were called to Mandeville Street in Lower Clapton at 10.50pm after reports of an armed robbery of a vehicle.
Scotland Yard say a police gun was fired and a man was injured. He was taken to hospital, where his condition is not yet known.
Police watchdog the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is investigating what happened, and the Directorate of Professional Standards has been told.
The IOPC said on Twitter: “We’re investigating a Met Police shooting in which a man has been injured in Hackney, London in the early hours of this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“The man was taken to the Royal London Hospital. Our investigators are at the scene and post-incident procedure making initial enquiries.”
No one else was injured in the incident.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
Police this morning taped off part of Lordship Road in Stoke Newington and Scotland Yard said their presence was linked to the shooting last night.