Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Have you had your bike stolen recently?
Stoke Newington police officers are trying to find the owners of 45 stolen bikes recovered after executing a warrant.
Officers found the pushbikes while searching a property on Tuesday, July 13 in response to bicycle enabled crime in north London.
Office for National Statistics figures reveal the borough of Hackney is London’s bike theft hotspot, with the highest rate in the capital last year.
Police Constable Caitlin Fitzgerald, from the Central East basic command unit, said: "The Met take bicycle theft very seriously.
“We recognise the distress this crime causes its victims.
You may also want to watch:
"We are also aware that for many, this can be a main form of transport and can therefore greatly disrupt their everyday lives."
Anyone who has had their bike stolen recently is encouraged to email CEMailbox.StokeNewington@met.police.uk with details about their lost bike.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?