Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Have you had your bike stolen recently?
Stoke Newington police officers are trying to find the owners of 45 stolen bikes recovered after executing a warrant.
Officers found the pushbikes while searching a property on Tuesday, July 13 in response to bicycle enabled crime in north London.
Office for National Statistics figures reveal the borough of Hackney is London’s bike theft hotspot, with the highest rate in the capital last year.
Police Constable Caitlin Fitzgerald, from the Central East basic command unit, said: "The Met take bicycle theft very seriously.
“We recognise the distress this crime causes its victims.
You may also want to watch:
"We are also aware that for many, this can be a main form of transport and can therefore greatly disrupt their everyday lives."
Anyone who has had their bike stolen recently is encouraged to email CEMailbox.StokeNewington@met.police.uk with details about their lost bike.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis