Police: Victim ‘glassed’ in pub attack - do you recognise this man?
Police are hunting a vicious thug who slashed a drinker’s face with a glass during a night out at The Dolphin pub in Mare Street.
Detectives have released these CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident, which happened at 1.30am on Sunday, June 19.
The 31-year-old victim was taking photographs at his friend’s birthday party inside the pub when a stranger approached to accuse him of taking photos of his girlfriend.
The suspect then grabbed the victim’s throat and smashed his drinking glass into his left eye, causing two two-inch cuts above the socket.
Police say the man they are looking for is white, slim and has blond hair. He left the pub with a female friend.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV pictures, or who has any information about the attack, should call Det Con George To on 0207 275 3134 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder