Police: Victim ‘glassed’ in pub attack - do you recognise this man?
Police are hunting a vicious thug who slashed a drinker’s face with a glass during a night out at The Dolphin pub in Mare Street.
Detectives have released these CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident, which happened at 1.30am on Sunday, June 19.
The 31-year-old victim was taking photographs at his friend’s birthday party inside the pub when a stranger approached to accuse him of taking photos of his girlfriend.
The suspect then grabbed the victim’s throat and smashed his drinking glass into his left eye, causing two two-inch cuts above the socket.
Police say the man they are looking for is white, slim and has blond hair. He left the pub with a female friend.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV pictures, or who has any information about the attack, should call Det Con George To on 0207 275 3134 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses