Police: Victim ‘glassed’ in pub attack - do you recognise this man?
Police are hunting a vicious thug who slashed a drinker’s face with a glass during a night out at The Dolphin pub in Mare Street.
Detectives have released these CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident, which happened at 1.30am on Sunday, June 19.
The 31-year-old victim was taking photographs at his friend’s birthday party inside the pub when a stranger approached to accuse him of taking photos of his girlfriend.
The suspect then grabbed the victim’s throat and smashed his drinking glass into his left eye, causing two two-inch cuts above the socket.
Police say the man they are looking for is white, slim and has blond hair. He left the pub with a female friend.
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV pictures, or who has any information about the attack, should call Det Con George To on 0207 275 3134 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life