Police warn public not to approach escaped Homerton mental health patient
Police are warning the public not to approach a patient who escaped from a secure mental health unit in Homerton on Tuesday (June 19).
Shane Smith, 20, is missing from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road where he was last seen by carers at around 9pm.
He is white, around 5ft 4 inches tall, of slim build and has wavy brown hair.
At the time he disappeared he was wearing a grey hooded top with a ‘bird motif’ on the front, grey jogging bottoms and Nike trainers.
Shane is known to visit the Brentwood area in Essex and frequents Chigwell and Clayhall.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should dial 999 quoting police reference 12MIS019588.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction