Police warn public not to approach escaped Homerton mental health patient
Police are warning the public not to approach a patient who escaped from a secure mental health unit in Homerton on Tuesday (June 19).
Shane Smith, 20, is missing from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road where he was last seen by carers at around 9pm.
He is white, around 5ft 4 inches tall, of slim build and has wavy brown hair.
At the time he disappeared he was wearing a grey hooded top with a ‘bird motif’ on the front, grey jogging bottoms and Nike trainers.
Shane is known to visit the Brentwood area in Essex and frequents Chigwell and Clayhall.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should dial 999 quoting police reference 12MIS019588.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse