Police warn public not to approach escaped Homerton mental health patient
Police are warning the public not to approach a patient who escaped from a secure mental health unit in Homerton on Tuesday (June 19).
Shane Smith, 20, is missing from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road where he was last seen by carers at around 9pm.
He is white, around 5ft 4 inches tall, of slim build and has wavy brown hair.
At the time he disappeared he was wearing a grey hooded top with a ‘bird motif’ on the front, grey jogging bottoms and Nike trainers.
Shane is known to visit the Brentwood area in Essex and frequents Chigwell and Clayhall.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should dial 999 quoting police reference 12MIS019588.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase