Police warn public not to approach latest John Howard centre absconder
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging the public not to approach the latest absconder from a “secure” mental health unit in Hackney who has gone AWOL.
Police are urging the public not to approach the latest absconder from a “secure” mental health unit who has gone AWOL.
Schizophrenic Jason Peirara, 32, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, yesterday afternoon at 1.30pm.
The Asian male, who is of stocky build, 6ft 1ins tall with dark hair, was last seen at Hackney Central Overground station, wearing a blue shirt, black trousers and lime green trainers with a pink tick.
It is possible he he may have travelled to East Ham where he has family.
You may also want to watch:
Peirara is the latest in a long string of high profile offenders who have gone AWOL.
Peter Kerrigan, 26, an Irish Traveller who was dubbed one of ‘Britain’s most prolific burglars’ when he was jailed aged 17 gave his minders the slip in March and is still on the run.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
Anthony Abolarionwa, 22 - a patient at the John Howard Centre since 2010 after he was declared unfit for trial after attempting to kidnap a stranger and falsely imprison them - gave his minders the slip in April.