Police warn public not to approach latest John Howard centre absconder
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging the public not to approach the latest absconder from a “secure” mental health unit in Hackney who has gone AWOL.
Police are urging the public not to approach the latest absconder from a “secure” mental health unit who has gone AWOL.
Schizophrenic Jason Peirara, 32, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, yesterday afternoon at 1.30pm.
The Asian male, who is of stocky build, 6ft 1ins tall with dark hair, was last seen at Hackney Central Overground station, wearing a blue shirt, black trousers and lime green trainers with a pink tick.
It is possible he he may have travelled to East Ham where he has family.
You may also want to watch:
Peirara is the latest in a long string of high profile offenders who have gone AWOL.
Peter Kerrigan, 26, an Irish Traveller who was dubbed one of ‘Britain’s most prolific burglars’ when he was jailed aged 17 gave his minders the slip in March and is still on the run.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 9 Where to go to get Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccinations
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Anthony Abolarionwa, 22 - a patient at the John Howard Centre since 2010 after he was declared unfit for trial after attempting to kidnap a stranger and falsely imprison them - gave his minders the slip in April.