Police warn public not to approach latest John Howard centre absconder
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging the public not to approach the latest absconder from a “secure” mental health unit in Hackney who has gone AWOL.
Police are urging the public not to approach the latest absconder from a “secure” mental health unit who has gone AWOL.
Schizophrenic Jason Peirara, 32, absconded whilst on escorted leave from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton, yesterday afternoon at 1.30pm.
The Asian male, who is of stocky build, 6ft 1ins tall with dark hair, was last seen at Hackney Central Overground station, wearing a blue shirt, black trousers and lime green trainers with a pink tick.
It is possible he he may have travelled to East Ham where he has family.
You may also want to watch:
Peirara is the latest in a long string of high profile offenders who have gone AWOL.
Peter Kerrigan, 26, an Irish Traveller who was dubbed one of ‘Britain’s most prolific burglars’ when he was jailed aged 17 gave his minders the slip in March and is still on the run.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
Anthony Abolarionwa, 22 - a patient at the John Howard Centre since 2010 after he was declared unfit for trial after attempting to kidnap a stranger and falsely imprison them - gave his minders the slip in April.