Pregnant woman attacked on Manor Road in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Met Police
A pregnant woman was attacked in Stamford Hill with footage circulating online and in news outlets showing a man placing a pillow case over her head and repeatedly punching her in the stomach.
Shomrim, the Orthodox Jewish voluntary neighbourhood watch group, called out the unprovoked attack as "violent" and "horrendous" on Twitter.
Police arrived shortly after 7pm on March 18 to the scene of the assault, which had occurred about 30 minutes earlier on Manor Road in Stamford Hill.
The 20-year-old victim, which Shomrim reports as 27-weeks pregnant, told officers how she had been approached from behind by the suspect, who put a pillow case over her head before assaulting her.
Police say, the woman was taken to hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are carrying out a number of enquiries and are reviewing CCTV cameras in the local area.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 6517/18Mar.