Pregnant woman attacked on Manor Road in Stamford Hill
- Credit: Met Police
A pregnant woman was attacked in Stamford Hill with footage circulating online and in news outlets showing a man placing a pillow case over her head and repeatedly punching her in the stomach.
Shomrim, the Orthodox Jewish voluntary neighbourhood watch group, called out the unprovoked attack as "violent" and "horrendous" on Twitter.
Police arrived shortly after 7pm on March 18 to the scene of the assault, which had occurred about 30 minutes earlier on Manor Road in Stamford Hill.
The 20-year-old victim, which Shomrim reports as 27-weeks pregnant, told officers how she had been approached from behind by the suspect, who put a pillow case over her head before assaulting her.
Police say, the woman was taken to hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Officers are carrying out a number of enquiries and are reviewing CCTV cameras in the local area.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 7 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 8 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 6517/18Mar.