Professor Green Cargo nightclub bottle stab thug jailed for eight years
Woodberry Down man slashed rapper in Cargo nightclub
A MAN has been jailed for eight years for stabbing Hackney rap star Professor Green in the neck with a broken bottle.
Anthony Jones, 25, of Woodberry Down Estate, was jailed at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (Thursday) after being found guilty of GBH with intent in October last year.
Jones attacked the musician, whose real name is Stephen Manderson and who grew up in the Northwold Estate in Upper Clapton, in Cargo nightclub in Shoreditch on May 23 2009.
Patrolling police officers found him with the deep gash to his throat outside the club and the rapper was raced to hospital for emergency treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Three men were arrested following the incident. Two were later released with no further action and the third, Jones, was charged with GBH with intent.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse