Professor Green Cargo nightclub bottle stab thug jailed for eight years
Woodberry Down man slashed rapper in Cargo nightclub
A MAN has been jailed for eight years for stabbing Hackney rap star Professor Green in the neck with a broken bottle.
Anthony Jones, 25, of Woodberry Down Estate, was jailed at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (Thursday) after being found guilty of GBH with intent in October last year.
Jones attacked the musician, whose real name is Stephen Manderson and who grew up in the Northwold Estate in Upper Clapton, in Cargo nightclub in Shoreditch on May 23 2009.
Patrolling police officers found him with the deep gash to his throat outside the club and the rapper was raced to hospital for emergency treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Three men were arrested following the incident. Two were later released with no further action and the third, Jones, was charged with GBH with intent.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems