Professor Green Cargo nightclub bottle stab thug jailed for eight years
Woodberry Down man slashed rapper in Cargo nightclub
A MAN has been jailed for eight years for stabbing Hackney rap star Professor Green in the neck with a broken bottle.
Anthony Jones, 25, of Woodberry Down Estate, was jailed at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (Thursday) after being found guilty of GBH with intent in October last year.
Jones attacked the musician, whose real name is Stephen Manderson and who grew up in the Northwold Estate in Upper Clapton, in Cargo nightclub in Shoreditch on May 23 2009.
Patrolling police officers found him with the deep gash to his throat outside the club and the rapper was raced to hospital for emergency treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Three men were arrested following the incident. Two were later released with no further action and the third, Jones, was charged with GBH with intent.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London