Pembury Tavern hosts board game night to raise funds for Headway East London
- Credit: The Pembury Tavern
An old-fashioned board game night is being hosted at the Pembury Tavern on January 23 in aid of Headway East London, which supports people affected by brain injury.
From Connect Four to dominoes, guests are invited to indulge in some old-school, brain-stimulating board game fun and find out more about the charity.
They can also take part in a charity raffle and get the chance to buy unique artwork made by the Headway East London members.
The charity empowers brain injury survivors to rediscover and learn skills and interests, and to share their stories, turning negative experiences into positive outcomes.
“Challenge Headway” will see the public go head-to-head with the charity’s members for a chance to win a free beer.
You may also want to watch:
With music and art central to HEL’s work, the charity will also be providing music throughout the night at the pub in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000