Pembury Tavern hosts board game night to raise funds for Headway East London
- Credit: The Pembury Tavern
An old-fashioned board game night is being hosted at the Pembury Tavern on January 23 in aid of Headway East London, which supports people affected by brain injury.
From Connect Four to dominoes, guests are invited to indulge in some old-school, brain-stimulating board game fun and find out more about the charity.
They can also take part in a charity raffle and get the chance to buy unique artwork made by the Headway East London members.
The charity empowers brain injury survivors to rediscover and learn skills and interests, and to share their stories, turning negative experiences into positive outcomes.
“Challenge Headway” will see the public go head-to-head with the charity’s members for a chance to win a free beer.
You may also want to watch:
With music and art central to HEL’s work, the charity will also be providing music throughout the night at the pub in Amhurst Road, Lower Clapton.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian