Rape of woman in her 20s in Finsbury Park reported
- Credit: André Langlois
Police are investigating a rape which is alleged to have happened in Finsbury Park earlier this month.
The Met received a report of an attack on Thursday, October 14.
A police spokesperson said: “The victim, a woman aged in her 20s, is being supported by specialist officers. No arrests have been made.”
It is understood the assault happened in the early hours of the morning.
In June police appealed for witnesses after a man was arrested on suspicion of raping a woman in Finsbury Park. That attack was reported to have happened near Manor House Gate at about 1.30am on Wednesday, June 23.
Finsbury Park is within Harringay ward in Haringey Borough. According to the Met, violence and sexual offences were the most commonly committed crimes in the ward in September.
- 1 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 6 Fallen sergeant Matt Ratana honoured at Guards Chapel memorial service
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life