Rashan Charles protest in Dalston: Police hunt a further four ‘violent disorder’ suspects
- Credit: police
Police are appealing for information on four further people in connection with “violent disorder” following a protest over the death of Rashan Charles last month.
Police have released CCTV images of seven people they want to speak to in connection with “violent disorder”, following a protest over the death of Rashan Charles last month.
Mr Charles was seen on CCTV being tackled to the floor of Yours Locally in Kingsland Road, Dalston, just before 2am on July 22 by a member of the public and a police officer. One hour later he died in hospital.
Six days later in the afternoon of July 28 a demonstration outside the shop near the junction with Middleton Road saw mattresses burnt in the street, windows smashed and fireworks thrown.
A Met spokesman said: “The demonstration, which was planned and initially peaceful, was used by a small number of people as an opportunity to commit disorder. Several small fires were started, a number of items were placed in the road and objects including bottles were thrown at police.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives released images of three people they want to speak to on Tuesday and have now released four more. They are:
Suspect 4: A black male wearing a North Face puffer jacket with the hood up.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
Suspect 5: A black male wearing a black puffer jacket with a red zip and grey hood.
Suspect 6: A black male wearing a green and black North Face slim-fit top and a black baseball cap.
Suspect 7: A black male, wearing a black hooded top and a black baseball cap with a white snap.
Anyone who recognises any of those pictured is asked to call 020 7275 3632.
Mr Charles’ death is currently subject to an Independent Police Complaints Commission investigation, and an inquest into his death will be held in 10 months’ time.