Rashan Charles protest in Dalston: Police hunt a further four ‘violent disorder’ suspects
- Credit: police
Police are appealing for information on four further people in connection with “violent disorder” following a protest over the death of Rashan Charles last month.
Police have released CCTV images of seven people they want to speak to in connection with “violent disorder”, following a protest over the death of Rashan Charles last month.
Mr Charles was seen on CCTV being tackled to the floor of Yours Locally in Kingsland Road, Dalston, just before 2am on July 22 by a member of the public and a police officer. One hour later he died in hospital.
Six days later in the afternoon of July 28 a demonstration outside the shop near the junction with Middleton Road saw mattresses burnt in the street, windows smashed and fireworks thrown.
A Met spokesman said: “The demonstration, which was planned and initially peaceful, was used by a small number of people as an opportunity to commit disorder. Several small fires were started, a number of items were placed in the road and objects including bottles were thrown at police.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives released images of three people they want to speak to on Tuesday and have now released four more. They are:
Suspect 4: A black male wearing a North Face puffer jacket with the hood up.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
Suspect 5: A black male wearing a black puffer jacket with a red zip and grey hood.
Suspect 6: A black male wearing a green and black North Face slim-fit top and a black baseball cap.
Suspect 7: A black male, wearing a black hooded top and a black baseball cap with a white snap.
Anyone who recognises any of those pictured is asked to call 020 7275 3632.
Mr Charles’ death is currently subject to an Independent Police Complaints Commission investigation, and an inquest into his death will be held in 10 months’ time.