Morningside Estate shooting: Police appeal for witnesses after parked cars hit with bullets
- Credit: Google Maps
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information after parked cars on the Morningside Estate were hit by bullets.
Police were called to Cresset House in Retreat Place, Homerton, at about 7.35pm on June 13 following reports of the sound of gunshots.
Firearms officers discovered ballistic damage to a number of parked vehicles, and spent casings were found nearby.
Det Insp Matthew Webb, from the Met’s Trident team which investigates gang crime, said: “We have been told that a car was seen speeding away from the area shortly after the shots were fired. Did you see this car, or its occupants? There is only one way in and out of the location, but where did it go next?
“This shooting occurred within an estate and we know that a number of people were out that evening. It is perhaps only by chance that no one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
“I am certain that there are still people who are yet to come forward. It is vital that we identify those responsible, so please call us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 7230 9737 quoting Operation Fallin or via 101 with the reference Cad 6860/13Jun.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.