Rioters hand themselves in after seeing their mug shots in Hackney Gazette
Several riot suspects whose photos have been published in The Gazette over the last few weeks have handed themselves into police, having seen their mug-shots in the paper.
Detectives investigating the riots in Hackney last August have released photos of another batch of suspects, and they want Gazette readers to put names to the faces.
Officers are still trawling through thousands of hours of CCTV footage that was filmed on August 8, as rioting and looting erupted around Clarence Road, Upper Clapton, and Mare Street in Hackney Central.
Offences that were committed included burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder.
Police working for the riot investigation unit, Operation Withern, have arrested more than 300 people so far in Hackney alone, but they have vowed to continue with their work until everyone involved has been brought to justice.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the 10 suspects pictured on this page should call Operation Withern officers on 020 7275 3305, quoting the reference number beneath the photo, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month