Rioters hand themselves in after seeing their mug shots in Hackney Gazette
Several riot suspects whose photos have been published in The Gazette over the last few weeks have handed themselves into police, having seen their mug-shots in the paper.
Detectives investigating the riots in Hackney last August have released photos of another batch of suspects, and they want Gazette readers to put names to the faces.
Officers are still trawling through thousands of hours of CCTV footage that was filmed on August 8, as rioting and looting erupted around Clarence Road, Upper Clapton, and Mare Street in Hackney Central.
Offences that were committed included burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder.
Police working for the riot investigation unit, Operation Withern, have arrested more than 300 people so far in Hackney alone, but they have vowed to continue with their work until everyone involved has been brought to justice.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the 10 suspects pictured on this page should call Operation Withern officers on 020 7275 3305, quoting the reference number beneath the photo, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse