Rioters hand themselves in after seeing their mug shots in Hackney Gazette
Several riot suspects whose photos have been published in The Gazette over the last few weeks have handed themselves into police, having seen their mug-shots in the paper.
Detectives investigating the riots in Hackney last August have released photos of another batch of suspects, and they want Gazette readers to put names to the faces.
Officers are still trawling through thousands of hours of CCTV footage that was filmed on August 8, as rioting and looting erupted around Clarence Road, Upper Clapton, and Mare Street in Hackney Central.
Offences that were committed included burglary, criminal damage and violent disorder.
Police working for the riot investigation unit, Operation Withern, have arrested more than 300 people so far in Hackney alone, but they have vowed to continue with their work until everyone involved has been brought to justice.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the 10 suspects pictured on this page should call Operation Withern officers on 020 7275 3305, quoting the reference number beneath the photo, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
- 10 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste