Road rage driver ploughs into cyclist after tailing him down Stoke Newington street
- Credit: Archant
A road rage fight left a cyclist in hospital after he was mowed down by a driver who had tailed him down the street.
The rider, 38, was today in hospital with serious injuries nearly a week after the collision, police said.
It happened in Victorian Grove at about 9.15pm on Wednesday last week.
The victim had argued with the driver before cycling off. The motorist followed him – before smashing into him near the junction with Ormsby Place and driving away.
Police were today appealing for anyone with information about the crash to call the Met’s serious collision investigation unit.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “A 38-year-old male cyclist was involved in an argument with the female driver of a small dark car.
“The cyclist rode off into Victorian Grove where he was struck by the same car near the junction with Ormsby Place.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
“The cyclist was taken to an east London hospital where he currently remains with serious injuries.”
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8597 4874 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.