Road rage driver ploughs into cyclist after tailing him down Stoke Newington street
- Credit: Archant
A road rage fight left a cyclist in hospital after he was mowed down by a driver who had tailed him down the street.
The rider, 38, was today in hospital with serious injuries nearly a week after the collision, police said.
It happened in Victorian Grove at about 9.15pm on Wednesday last week.
The victim had argued with the driver before cycling off. The motorist followed him – before smashing into him near the junction with Ormsby Place and driving away.
Police were today appealing for anyone with information about the crash to call the Met’s serious collision investigation unit.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “A 38-year-old male cyclist was involved in an argument with the female driver of a small dark car.
“The cyclist rode off into Victorian Grove where he was struck by the same car near the junction with Ormsby Place.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 3 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 6 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 7 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
“The cyclist was taken to an east London hospital where he currently remains with serious injuries.”
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8597 4874 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.