Road rage driver ploughs into cyclist after tailing him down Stoke Newington street
- Credit: Archant
A road rage fight left a cyclist in hospital after he was mowed down by a driver who had tailed him down the street.
The rider, 38, was today in hospital with serious injuries nearly a week after the collision, police said.
It happened in Victorian Grove at about 9.15pm on Wednesday last week.
The victim had argued with the driver before cycling off. The motorist followed him – before smashing into him near the junction with Ormsby Place and driving away.
Police were today appealing for anyone with information about the crash to call the Met’s serious collision investigation unit.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “A 38-year-old male cyclist was involved in an argument with the female driver of a small dark car.
“The cyclist rode off into Victorian Grove where he was struck by the same car near the junction with Ormsby Place.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 8 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
“The cyclist was taken to an east London hospital where he currently remains with serious injuries.”
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8597 4874 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.