Road rage driver ploughs into cyclist after tailing him down Stoke Newington street
- Credit: Archant
A road rage fight left a cyclist in hospital after he was mowed down by a driver who had tailed him down the street.
The rider, 38, was today in hospital with serious injuries nearly a week after the collision, police said.
It happened in Victorian Grove at about 9.15pm on Wednesday last week.
The victim had argued with the driver before cycling off. The motorist followed him – before smashing into him near the junction with Ormsby Place and driving away.
Police were today appealing for anyone with information about the crash to call the Met’s serious collision investigation unit.
A spokesman said: “A 38-year-old male cyclist was involved in an argument with the female driver of a small dark car.
“The cyclist rode off into Victorian Grove where he was struck by the same car near the junction with Ormsby Place.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 5 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 8 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 9 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 10 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
“The cyclist was taken to an east London hospital where he currently remains with serious injuries.”
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8597 4874 or phone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.