‘Robbery kit’ and ‘Zombie killer’ knife found in Hackney drugs raids
- Credit: Archant
A “Zombie killer” knife and a “robbery kit” were seized along with bags of heroin and crack cocaine in raids on suspected gang members in Hackney yesterday.
Police swooped on seven suspects in Hoxton including six men and a woman aged between 18 and 21, and a 51-year-old, who were arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
During the operation officers found a “Zombie killer” knife - a serrated long-bladed weapon inspired by horror movies.
They also came across a suspected “robbery kit” in a cardboard box, which contained a knife, black balaclava and black gloves.
The raid was part of an operation which saw six men arrested in Haggerston on May 11 for class A drugs offences, and a further nine arrests this morning in Brent for drugs offences and one for possession of a Taser stun gun.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said the two areas were targeted after an increase in the number of gang-related shootings in recent months.
Detective Chief Inspector Tim Champion, of the Trident gangs unit, said: “Gang-related drug dealing ruins lives for those that are directly involved, like dealers and users.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
“It also leaves local communities scarred by crimes and the anti-social behaviour that is an inevitable consequence of the dealing.”