‘Robbery kit’ and ‘Zombie killer’ knife found in Hackney drugs raids
- Credit: Archant
A “Zombie killer” knife and a “robbery kit” were seized along with bags of heroin and crack cocaine in raids on suspected gang members in Hackney yesterday.
Police swooped on seven suspects in Hoxton including six men and a woman aged between 18 and 21, and a 51-year-old, who were arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
During the operation officers found a “Zombie killer” knife - a serrated long-bladed weapon inspired by horror movies.
They also came across a suspected “robbery kit” in a cardboard box, which contained a knife, black balaclava and black gloves.
The raid was part of an operation which saw six men arrested in Haggerston on May 11 for class A drugs offences, and a further nine arrests this morning in Brent for drugs offences and one for possession of a Taser stun gun.
Scotland Yard said the two areas were targeted after an increase in the number of gang-related shootings in recent months.
Detective Chief Inspector Tim Champion, of the Trident gangs unit, said: “Gang-related drug dealing ruins lives for those that are directly involved, like dealers and users.
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 6 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 9 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 10 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
“It also leaves local communities scarred by crimes and the anti-social behaviour that is an inevitable consequence of the dealing.”