‘Robbery kit’ and ‘Zombie killer’ knife found in Hackney drugs raids
- Credit: Archant
A “Zombie killer” knife and a “robbery kit” were seized along with bags of heroin and crack cocaine in raids on suspected gang members in Hackney yesterday.
Police swooped on seven suspects in Hoxton including six men and a woman aged between 18 and 21, and a 51-year-old, who were arrested for possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
During the operation officers found a “Zombie killer” knife - a serrated long-bladed weapon inspired by horror movies.
They also came across a suspected “robbery kit” in a cardboard box, which contained a knife, black balaclava and black gloves.
The raid was part of an operation which saw six men arrested in Haggerston on May 11 for class A drugs offences, and a further nine arrests this morning in Brent for drugs offences and one for possession of a Taser stun gun.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said the two areas were targeted after an increase in the number of gang-related shootings in recent months.
Detective Chief Inspector Tim Champion, of the Trident gangs unit, said: “Gang-related drug dealing ruins lives for those that are directly involved, like dealers and users.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 9 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
“It also leaves local communities scarred by crimes and the anti-social behaviour that is an inevitable consequence of the dealing.”