Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- Credit: Google
A man was left with gashes to his head and hand after he was attacked in Hackney early this morning.
Emergency services were called at 7.20am today - January 13 - following reports of a stabbing in Rossendale Street, Upper Clapton.
Police officers and London Ambulance Service paramedics who attended found a 45-year-old man with lacerations to his head and hand.
He was taken to hospital and his condition is not believed to be life threatening, according to Scotland Yard.
Officers tracked and then detained a man in Hertford Road, Enfield just over an hour later.
He was arrested on suspicion of robbery, possession of an offensive weapon, possession with intent to supply class A drugs and handling stolen goods.
He remains in police custody.
- 1 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 2 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 3 Missing: Have you seen Aaliyah?
- 4 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties
- 7 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney groups respond to permanent Homerton LTN
- 9 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 10 Men jailed after violent Mare Street robberies
Anyone who witnessed the incident and has not yet spoken to police should call 101, giving the reference 1203/13JAN.
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.