Sanchez Edwards to be sentenced today for violent robbery of woman, 92, in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
A violent drug addict who dragged a 92-year-old woman along the pavement during a robbery in Hoxton is due to be sentenced today.
Sanchez Edwards, 28, carried out the brutal attack as the pensioner made her way to the Lawson Medical Centre off Hoxton Street on June 27.
The recently-widowed woman suffered severe bruising and was left with cracked ribs and a limp.
Edwards was a paranoid schizophrenic patient who had failed to return to the John Howard Centre in Homerton from unescorted leave in May.
He was arrested in Bethnal Green Gardens on July 10 and admitted robbery at an earlier hearing in August.
You may also want to watch:
He was initially supposed to be sentenced on October 26 but Judge Joanna Greenberg ordered a psychiatric report.
Sentencing was then supposed to take place on December 7, December 20, January 8, and January 31 – but no beds have been available at the medium secure hospital in Hertfordshire where he is earmarked to go.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
He is finally due to be sentenced today at Wood Green Crown Court.