Sanchez Edwards to be sentenced today for violent robbery of woman, 92, in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
A violent drug addict who dragged a 92-year-old woman along the pavement during a robbery in Hoxton is due to be sentenced today.
Sanchez Edwards, 28, carried out the brutal attack as the pensioner made her way to the Lawson Medical Centre off Hoxton Street on June 27.
The recently-widowed woman suffered severe bruising and was left with cracked ribs and a limp.
Edwards was a paranoid schizophrenic patient who had failed to return to the John Howard Centre in Homerton from unescorted leave in May.
He was arrested in Bethnal Green Gardens on July 10 and admitted robbery at an earlier hearing in August.
You may also want to watch:
He was initially supposed to be sentenced on October 26 but Judge Joanna Greenberg ordered a psychiatric report.
Sentencing was then supposed to take place on December 7, December 20, January 8, and January 31 – but no beds have been available at the medium secure hospital in Hertfordshire where he is earmarked to go.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
He is finally due to be sentenced today at Wood Green Crown Court.