Sanchez Edwards to be sentenced today for violent robbery of woman, 92, in Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
A violent drug addict who dragged a 92-year-old woman along the pavement during a robbery in Hoxton is due to be sentenced today.
Sanchez Edwards, 28, carried out the brutal attack as the pensioner made her way to the Lawson Medical Centre off Hoxton Street on June 27.
The recently-widowed woman suffered severe bruising and was left with cracked ribs and a limp.
Edwards was a paranoid schizophrenic patient who had failed to return to the John Howard Centre in Homerton from unescorted leave in May.
He was arrested in Bethnal Green Gardens on July 10 and admitted robbery at an earlier hearing in August.
You may also want to watch:
He was initially supposed to be sentenced on October 26 but Judge Joanna Greenberg ordered a psychiatric report.
Sentencing was then supposed to take place on December 7, December 20, January 8, and January 31 – but no beds have been available at the medium secure hospital in Hertfordshire where he is earmarked to go.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
He is finally due to be sentenced today at Wood Green Crown Court.