Schoolboy one of seven to stand trial over killing of young mum in Hackney
A 16-year-old boy accused of shooting dead a young Turkish mum in Homerton will stand trial tomorrow (March 16).
The schoolboy allegedly gunned down Gulistan Subasi, 26, when she answered the door to her mother’s flat in Kingsmead Way on March 22 last year.
Ms Subasi, who was visiting Britain for her six-year-old son’s birthday, died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The teenager is one of seven defendants standing trial for murder at the Old Bailey.
Neither he nor a second 16-year-old boy can be named for legal reasons.
You may also want to watch:
The others are Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham.
They all deny murder.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
Billy is also accused of making a threat to kill on April 7 last year.