Schoolboy one of seven to stand trial over killing of young mum in Hackney
A 16-year-old boy accused of shooting dead a young Turkish mum in Homerton will stand trial tomorrow (March 16).
The schoolboy allegedly gunned down Gulistan Subasi, 26, when she answered the door to her mother’s flat in Kingsmead Way on March 22 last year.
Ms Subasi, who was visiting Britain for her six-year-old son’s birthday, died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The teenager is one of seven defendants standing trial for murder at the Old Bailey.
Neither he nor a second 16-year-old boy can be named for legal reasons.
You may also want to watch:
The others are Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham.
They all deny murder.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Billy is also accused of making a threat to kill on April 7 last year.