Schoolboy one of seven to stand trial over killing of young mum in Hackney
A 16-year-old boy accused of shooting dead a young Turkish mum in Homerton will stand trial tomorrow (March 16).
The schoolboy allegedly gunned down Gulistan Subasi, 26, when she answered the door to her mother’s flat in Kingsmead Way on March 22 last year.
Ms Subasi, who was visiting Britain for her six-year-old son’s birthday, died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The teenager is one of seven defendants standing trial for murder at the Old Bailey.
Neither he nor a second 16-year-old boy can be named for legal reasons.
The others are Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham.
They all deny murder.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 3 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 4 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
Billy is also accused of making a threat to kill on April 7 last year.