Schoolboy one of seven to stand trial over killing of young mum in Hackney
A 16-year-old boy accused of shooting dead a young Turkish mum in Homerton will stand trial tomorrow (March 16).
The schoolboy allegedly gunned down Gulistan Subasi, 26, when she answered the door to her mother’s flat in Kingsmead Way on March 22 last year.
Ms Subasi, who was visiting Britain for her six-year-old son’s birthday, died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The teenager is one of seven defendants standing trial for murder at the Old Bailey.
Neither he nor a second 16-year-old boy can be named for legal reasons.
You may also want to watch:
The others are Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham.
They all deny murder.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
Billy is also accused of making a threat to kill on April 7 last year.