Schoolboy one of seven to stand trial over killing of young mum in Hackney
A 16-year-old boy accused of shooting dead a young Turkish mum in Homerton will stand trial tomorrow (March 16).
The schoolboy allegedly gunned down Gulistan Subasi, 26, when she answered the door to her mother’s flat in Kingsmead Way on March 22 last year.
Ms Subasi, who was visiting Britain for her six-year-old son’s birthday, died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The teenager is one of seven defendants standing trial for murder at the Old Bailey.
Neither he nor a second 16-year-old boy can be named for legal reasons.
You may also want to watch:
The others are Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Serdar Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham.
They all deny murder.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Billy is also accused of making a threat to kill on April 7 last year.